My Personal Experience with SUN CELLULAR FACEBOOK ZERO
Digitel Mobile Philippines, Inc. (DMPI) or popularly known to us as SUN CELLULAR opens its service in September of 2001. And now it is one of the leading mobile telecommunications companies here in the Philippines. They offer a wide range of service from voice, messaging, roaming and to wireless broadband.
And one way of extending their service to all Filipinos here in the Philippines, last 2010 SUN CELLULAR launches FACEBOOK ZERO.
WHAT IS FACEBOOK ZERO?
It is a text base version of FACEBOOK. You could only do text messaging like writing on your STATUS, see notification but you cannot browse or click link on it. Just barely making comments, likes and share post. You can see your profile picture but not all the colors and the pictures/images as you would on a computer. You can add friends, search for friends and events and write on friends wall. And when you select albums or click link to browse, a browsing rates will apply.
HOW DOES IT WORK ON YOUR SUN PHONE? Activate first your GPRS and Handset settings by texting ACTIVATE to 2300 then text FREEFB to 2300
- In your phone connection settings, choose the Sun WAP access point. If the subscriber is using "MINTERNET" this will display on her/his mobile "MOBILE CARRIER NOT SUPPORTED". So better use Sun WAP as your access point.
- Go to Sun WAP on your mobile browser, go and click 0.facebook.com.
- Enter your username and password.
- Then you can now update your status, post on your friends timeline, view notification, and more for FREE!
- But if you view a picture/image, standard browsing rates will apply(P10/30mins).