Davao is Colorful with Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan #Kadayawan2015 #KadayawansaDabaw2015 #K15 #DavaoLifeisHere
Kadayawan Festival is an annual event here in Davao City, happened during the 3rd week of August. It is a celebration of GOOD HARVEST and a celebration of LIFE.
The name "Kadayawan' derives from a friendly greeting "MADAYAW' means "DAYAW" from a Dabawenyo dialect --- that is GOOD, VALUABLE, SUPERIOR or BEAUTIFUL.
Our Lumads celebrate it's thanksgiving in a way of a dance. By the so-called rituals, they give their thanks to their god for a wonderful blessings they have received. These implies how they treasure their traditions by their cultural and historical heritage from generation to generation.
The Dance is very important to the Mindanaoan Lumads, that is why the INDAK-INDAK sa KADALANAN was created to showcase Mindanao's talent from different town contingents, which comes from different provinces and cities of Mindanao.
With the drum beats, agong and kulintang filled the street loud and fast, the splash of colorful costumes and rantings of folk rhythms echoing the city street --- the Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan or street dancing is finally OPEN!
This is my first time to cover as one of the participating Bloggers in this event. After applying for a registration from our City Information Office, I got my ID and I'm ready to get in and take pictures.
The Indak-Indak sa Kadalanan serves as a great reminder to all people of Mindanao and to the whole world that when we talk about gatherings and festivity it talks about UNITY among people and the RESPECT for different religious and cultural backgrounds.
Here are the 15 different contingents who compete and showcase the best of Mindanaoan's through a lively and noisy festivities engaging with the harmony of dance, music and thanksgiving.
1. MUNICIPALITY OF BAGANGA, Davao Oriental (4th Runner-up) PHp50,000
2. KAPITAN TOMAS MONTEVERDE Sr., Central Elem. School - CULTURE & ARTS Dance Troupe, Davao City
3. TINGAGUN DANCE TROUPE - Malabang, Lanao del Sur
4. POLOMOLOK PERFORMING ARTS GUILD, South Cotabato (3rd Runner-up) PHp100,000+PHp50,000 for winning the BEST in MUSICALITY AWARD.
5. TRIBUNG GRANDEHANON from Catalunan Grande, Davao City
7. DAWAN NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL - Mati City, Davao Oriental (2nd Runner-up) PHp300,000.
They will represent the city for the Aliwan Festival to be held in Manila.
8. OPTACIANO HILAY NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL - Manambulan, Tugbok, Davao City
9. JOSE L. PORRAS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Davao City
12. STA. ANA NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL - Performing Arts Guild, Davao City
13. F. BUSTAMANTE CENTRAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, Davao City
14. TRIBU MAPAWA, Maragusan, Compostela Valley
15. CABANTIAN NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, Davao City (GRAND CHAMPION) PHp500,000 cash prize+PHp12,000 worth of fuel certificate sponsored by Phoenex and 100 pieces of shirts from Air Asia.
Their presentation is taken from the story of B'laan tribes, where one will mistakenly offended the spirits of a giant tree.
Grand Prize Winner: Cabantian National High School, Indak Indak sa Kadalanan 2015
Posted by Mary Joselle Dilig Villafuerte on Saturday, August 22, 2015